“Our aim is not only to make the child understand, and still less to force him to memorize, but so touch his imagination as to enthuse him to his innermost core.”
- Maria Montessori
The years between zero and seven are the most formative time of life. It is the time when the child is exploring the world and gathering impressions, which are the foundation of all future learning.
Right now, your child has specific needs for an ordered and loving environment where he/she can develop a sense of autonomy with the use of specially designed Montessori Materials. At this time, the child can also build her socialization skills by interacting with his/her peers.
Montessori is a unique educational approach that nurtures a child’s natural desire to learn. Montessori focuses on the whole child—his cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development. Within a classroom setting our goals are to help your child:
- Develop independence through individual activities and caring for self and environment
- Develop initiative through the intelligent and free choice of activities
- Develop self-confidence from accomplishments in activities that challenge his/her capabilities
- Develop self-discipline through movement activities that absorb them in the work
- Develop self-esteem from being a part of a loving atmosphere
- Develop social awareness through participating in a group setting
Burbank Montessori Academy is the oldest Montessori school in Burbank, opening in 1983.
We impart a few basic rules in each classroom which are essential towards each child's social development and classroom learning:
- How to sit at his/her table
- How to carry a chair in class
- How to walk in the classroom
- How to take only one piece of material at a time, use it and return it to its place
Since school began, we have been introducing the children to grace and courtesy exercises, such as, how to say “thank you,” “excuse me,” “good morning” etc. and show respect to peers, adults, and environment.
We offer flexible full and part-time schedules. Please give us a call for more details.
What Parents Say About Us
"We have been so lucky to have BMA in our lives. The school gets more wonderful each year under Miss Kit's fantastic leadership. Our kids have been given a great start to their education, learned many important skills and made lifelong friends."
- Ashley & Ted (parents of 4 BMA students)
"The teachers and staff at BMA are wonderful. From the very beginning, our daughter was shown loving attention, care, and kindness. She has thoroughly enjoyed her three years at BMA and been given a strong foundation for her future success in school."
- The Cogan-Hickok Family
"Recommended, it is the best place in Burbank to educate your kid and have fun too. I like the way they teach, play and manage. All the staff are very friendly and nice."
- Marco Y
"This place is great! My little girl loves Burbank Montessori Academy. They really go out of there way to make the kids feel safe. They also do a great job teaching the kids."
- Ethan B
"Both my boys went to Burbank Montessori Academy. What drew me back in 2008, was that big, shady, play yard. Perfect for an active boy. And of course, the director, Kit. She has a very calm presence and you can see that she and the teachers, genuinely love children."
Department of Social Services Licence # 191222218
CA Department of Education Code # 19 64337 7023112
Tax ID # 81-4876710